Monday, October 3, 2011

Where are the Songs that Make the Whole World Sing?

What ever happened to the songs that make the whole world sing?  Ok, I'll phrase this a bit different. We're writing but what is inspiring us to write? Songwriters today seem to be losing contact with their inner being. Or at least that's my thoughts.I'm a singer, songwriter, who spends most of her time in the quiet of her home, reminiscing and writing through circumstances that eventually turn into songs. The pattern: verse 1, chorus, verse II, bridge, chorus and maybe a few measures of instrumental. And yes! Every last word in every other sentence rhymes. Songs with a pattern are easy to follow and most memorable. Ok, I'm not an expert in the songwriting department and I will mention there's always room for growth but I do know, songs written from the heart through experiences, are the songs that make the whole world sing.
 -Terri G

No comments:

Post a Comment